- The Little Black Dress for the sole purpose of seducing men. Most women have one in the recesses of their closet. This is the dress that is just a little too short. Just a little too tight. One that hugs curves you never knew you had. One that looks as if it was made for your body and your body only. One that makes you feel sexy the second you put it on. It has to be simple. All black, no buttons or ornamentation.
2. As one of the few closet staples you can actually wear year-round, jeans are the piece of apparel that everyone owns at least a few pairs of and has years of experience wearing.
3. Tee Shirt – Having a great basic that you can pair with skirts, pants, or jeans really alleviates a lot of stress in the morning. Plus, if your cheap shirt falls apart in the wash, fades, stretches out, or shrinks up, you will end up spending more money re-buying poor quality T-shirts over and over again instead of just investing in a couple more expensive ones.
4. The right blazer will feel snug but not tight. It won’t limit your range of motion, and it will make you look professional, confident, and empowered. Blazers come in all cuts, colors, and styles.
Not to mention, they can be worn many different ways!
Throw a blazer over those favorite jeans of yours and a retro t-shirt. Keep it work-friendly on top of a simple sweater and some matching pants. The possibilities are endless, but the blazer is what completes such looks.
5. Classic Trench Coat – Think of this as an investment piece—you’ll wear it forever, even if you fluctuate in size. Look for a classic A-line silhouette that will cinch you in at the waist and wear it over everything from suits to jeans.